· He’s a little late to the party but welcome Lubomir Visnovsky! I wonder when you will be voted off the Island.
· It’s too bad the Bruins/Lightning matchup was postponed. That was one that I wanted to see yesterday.
· Gotta give the Devils their due. They beat a streaking Penguins team at home. Today is revenge for the Pens!
· OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! Now Devils fans will always be reminded of that fateful day. Congrats on New Jersey rookie Stefan Matteau on scoring his first NHL goal!
· The Butler did it. Really he did. With an assist and an insurance goal, Bobby Butler did the Pens in.
· I told you last week that Briere was much needed on this Flyers team. Now do you believe me?
· I am reporting that Joe Corvo is still alive and well and playing in Carolina. A goal and an assist, with 7 SOG against the Flyers.
· Who knew that Winnipeg could win a 1-0 shutout?
· It was Bishop vs Montoya in Ottawa. Bishop Montoya overlooked my confirmation I think. Do you think it was just the two of them playing the game? Did anyone watch?
· That Justin Schultz is something else. The only problem is there are too many other player’s named Schultz in the NHL right now. There’s Justin of course. And Nick. Jeff on Washington. And Sergeant Schultz from Hogan’s Heroes.
· Datsyuk, Zetteberg. Zetterberg, Datsyuk. I feel like I’ve been saying that for so many years now.
· Did anyone catch that clip of the player cross-checking that Russian ref? Click here to watch.
· Gotta give the old man credit. Khabibulin played real well against the Red wings.
· The San Jose Sharks got Burns back in the lineup.
· The San Jose Sharks got burned with Burns in the lineup.
· Is it me or does Phoenix have San Jose’s number? Or is it Mike Smith that has their number?
· Toronto came to play on Hockey Night in Canada and Montreal was still stuck in the snow storm.
· The Canadiens were horrible. I almost puked they were so bad.
· The Maple Leafs are ‘Road Warriors”!
· James Reimer did play lights out though. He deserved the shutout. Price on the other hand…..
· Where would the Buffalo Sabres be without Vanek? Below Washington, that’s how bad.
· I’m sure if any Florida Panther fans had nothing better to do yesterday than watch their team not show up in Washington, they regretted not going out boating instead.
· Did the Panthers think the game was postponed like the Boston/Tampa game was? Perhaps they got mixed up which Florida state team got their game cancelled.
· Joel Ward has more goals (5) than Alexander Ovechkin (4). Maybe I should’ve taken Ward with my first round pick. OMG how disgusting is Ovy playing right now? Really? 4 goals?
· I like that St. Louis has more than one scoring line, but they also need more than one puck-stopping goalie.
· The Ducks are basically doing all this without the offensive help of Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf. That tells you something.
· Bobby Ryan will now jolt to the top of the scoring leaders if he continues to play like he did against the Blues.
· Teeee-mu! That’s for you Romie!
· Is Backstrom back? I mean the Minnesota goalie. I know the other one is sorta, kinda back. Both teams need their Backstroms to be back and playing at their high level. Come back, Backstrom, come back!
· It was the Schneider and Schroeder show in Vancouver last night. Can I make a suggestion? Perhaps Schroeder can save his big game nights for when Luongo is in net. Makes it easier to write.
· These are some of the goalies that started in the 11 games on Saturday. Chris Mason, Montoya, Bishop, Fasth, and Irving. Not to mention Khabibulin and Holtby. Not your normal starters by far. I’d rather see the best play on Saturday, don’t you.
· Enjoy your coffee!