· SUNDAY MORNING COFFEE-2/24/13
· My apologies to all my followers for not posting last weekend, but it being a holiday weekend, the family and I went skiing and I am glad to say I didn’t break or hurt anything! Enjoy your coffee!
· Alex Ovechkin, where have you been? We have been waiting for you for so long now. A hat trick and an assist. Ovy owners must’ve did a double take when they saw that thinking they were watching a Caps Classic.
· Jakub Voracek has been on such a tear lately, moving all the way up to number 7 in the league in scoring. Wow!
· The Oilers were 2-3 on their home stand; now on the road for 9 straight. This will be interesting to see what this team is made of.
· The Oilers did pepper Mike Smith with 45 SOG. 6 by Smyth and Gagner, 5 each by RNH and Jones. 4 by Eberle.
· I don’t know what to make of the Colorado Avalanche this year. I know they missed Landeskog while he was out. Maybe now that he is back they can be a force to be reckoned with.
· The LA Kings have been a disappointment for their fans but they should be much, much better as they 7 of their next 8 games at home.
· The Buffalo Sabres are such a mess right now. Letting go of 16 year Head Coach was the first step, but what direction will the team take now?
· It was nice to see Evgeni Nabokov get the shutout yesterday but again it came against a team in disarray.
· Poor Ryan Miller. In just two short years he went from having a career season to one where he can’t buy a win it seems.
· Matt Moulson mixing it up lately with 2 assists in the Buffalo game. More known for goal scoring. Watch out! He may go off on one of those hot streaks.
· The Rangers get shutout in Montreal 3-0….Dan Girardi blocked 8 shots or it could’ve been worse.
· I’m sure Ranger fans are very disappointed. I’m sure they were expecting a lot more out of this team so far.
· I expect the Canadiens to start being a dangerous team to play against. Everything is starting to fall into place now.
· With Erik Cole being placed on the second line and Brendan Gallagher put up on the first, this gives them two solid lines.
· That Galchenyuk is something else isn’t he?
· Can you believe all the injuries that the Ottawa Sens have been getting? I mean, this is ridiculous with all their top players getting hurt.
· You know the Detroit players are embarrassed by that 5-game losing streak as they manhandled the Predators to end it.
· The Blue Jackets have been playing better, they just need to win know.
· Joe Thornton was engaged in a fight with Jamie Benn. Now that’s entertaining!!!
· What happened to 2-goal-a-game Patrick Marleau? If that’s what the Sharks need to win hockey games, they are in big trouble.
· Remember, it’s not how you start, but how you finish!
· The Minnesota Wild are not getting their money’s worth out of Zach Parise and Ryan Suter. Come on dudes!