· Guess who got hurt yesterday? Joni Pitkanen lasted just 6 minutes into the game before leaving with an upper-body-injury. Next time, it could be only 3 minutes, or one shift even.
· How do you spell hot? We spell it V-O-R-A-C-E-K.
· The way Ben Bishop has played in the place of injured Craig Anderson; perhaps he should be the next Pope.
· Tyler Seguin has 7 points in the last 7 games. Get him before he gets too hot and then you lose all opportunity.
· Where has the power gone from the Tampa Bay Lightning? More like an intermittent shower.
· Buffalo has won 3-in-a-row! Now don’t go pushing your luck by going over the Falls in a barrel.
· I am patiently waiting for the time when Mikhail Grigorenko starts to get heated up. That will be a joy to watch.
· The Devils have lost 6 of 7. Did Johan Hedberg age that quickly?
· Braden Holtby had 2 shutouts in the span of a week. Didn’t he look lost in the beginning of the year? Was it the signing of a contract extension that eased his mind?
· Who knew that Mike Ribeiro would be such an important cog of this Capitals team that has Ovechkin and Backstrom on it?
· It was rock’em, sock’em night in Montreal last night. The Pens were mightier than the Canadiens, winning 7-6 in OT. Not a good night to be a goaltender.
· I believe Carolina is starting to put it all together now.
· Jiri Tlusty has 10 goals on the season. I don’t think Tlusty had 10 goals in his entire career before this year.
· Justin Faulk had his hand in just about every statistical category in last night’s game. He will start to put points up especially with Pitkanen spending most of his time in the infirmary.
· Phoenix outlasted Anaheim last night as Andrew Cogliano had a hat trick joining the other unlikely source to get a Duck hat trick this week, Kyle Palmieri. Getzlaf and Perry took the night off from the score sheet.
· The LA Kings are playing a lot better lately and they have a slew of home games coming up. Fill your roster with Kings; it will stop your sinking. Bad, I know. I’ll stick to my day job.
· 2-1 loss to the Sharks last night for Pekka Rinne and the Preds. I guess the team misses Hal Gill’s offensive contribution that much.
· What more can I say about the Blackhawks other than I know they will lose at least one game in regulation this year.
· Blackhawks and Red Wings today. This will be a doozy of a match!
· The Rangers look so much better when Nash is in the lineup. They need to find out if Brad Richards has been hanging out with Ovechkin lately.
· I miss Joey Crabb.